Thursday, April 5, 2012

Illustration Friday: Return


My submission for Illustration Friday. This week's theme: return. It being spring, I figured Persephone and Demeter would be fun. 

Dear GOD did I mangle this piece. I saved it in photoshop by layering parts of the sketch over it, but the original is one for the scrap pile. The problem is I've discovered watercolor board. I LOVE it as a surface, but I can't use my light box to transfer the sketch like regular paper. I've been using make-shift carbon paper by coating some tracing paper with pencil, but it's not as accurate and some things got seriously wonky.

Anyway, you can check out more of my work here or like me on facebook. Thanks!!

1 comment:

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I think this piece is great!