Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Constance Waverly

For a good long while, Ian and I had been wracking our brains out, trying to come up with something to do to get out of the house. We live fairly out of the way, and cabin fever was becoming common occurrence in our apartment. The fact that I work in the service industry and my weekends and weekdays don't exactly align with the calendar doesn't help. Monday is my free day, and it's not exactly a hoppin' night.

So, we've designated Monday as Bingo night. Yes. I know what you're thinking. But, this is not your Gramma's kinda of Bingo. This one has drag queens calling numbers. And you win liquor. It's pretty awesome.

Anyway, it was the birthday of one of our friends, Jordan, who usually accompanies us to Bingo.  Ian suggested that she would probably appreciate a portrait of our gracious drag queen hostess, Constance Waverly. Possibly to hang over her bed, light a few votives, pray for luck, etc. So I whipped this up:



It was SUPER fun to do, and Jordan loved it. I made a print for Constance, and she was completely flabbergasted. Thankfully, in an "Oh my god, I have FAN ART," and not in an "Oh my god, I have a STALKER" kind of way.

I've been experimenting with a new process of colored pencil over watercolor, and I'm REALLY digging it.  Here's another doodle I just finished (it's shot with my phone, so pardon the weird angle):

No comments: